EDIBLES: Blonde Brownies Recipe
Even though we’re smack dab in the middle of winter and all of its deep and cool tones, I’ve been craving something a little bit more golden and warm...like a magical blonde brownie, with crunchy edges and a dense ooey-gooey middle. And by magical I don’t mean the "died and gone to heaven" feeling you get once you sink your teeth into a mouth watering brownie - although, these do have me drooling as soon as the sweet, decadent aroma of freshly baked goods fill the air - I’m talking about the mind-altering dry herbs that we will be including in this very simple blonde brownie recipe ("blondie recipe," if you will).
Thanks to the LEVO Oil Infuser, we’re able to turn a multi-step infusion process into a one-step function. So for those of you who believe that you’re only allowed to go lighter in the summer, think again because there’s no reason not to have these blondies all year round!
- ⅔ cup of LEVO butter [read our HOW TO: LEVO Butter], melted
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate or chocolate chips (or if you have a dangerous sweet tooth like me, then half white and half chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan and set aside.
3. Add the brown sugar to the bowl with the melted LEVO butter.
4. Beat the eggs, then add them to the sugar mixture.
5. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together, then combine with the sugar mixture.
6. Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
7. Sprinkle white chocolate/chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake for 25-30 mins, until the top is golden.
9. Let them cool for about 10 minutes then serve immediately, or cover them when you take them out and they will stay soft.