During the Chinese New Year, it's believed that lengthy noodles symbolize a long and healthy life, so don’t cut them while you’re prepping or eating the noodles! With all the culinary traditions that encompass the Chinese New Year, I decided to add my own traditional zing to the grand dinner; and now I’m going to show you buds how to really get down - or I guess in this case high - with the New Years festivities using the MagicalButter Machine. All it takes is a push of a button to infuse those prosperous dry herbs with sesame seed oil. So if you want a longer and danker life, follow the simple recipe below!
- 8 oz wheat-flour noodles or egg noodles
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce (add more if needed)
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
1. Boil a large pot of salted water over high heat.
2. Add the noodles, stir, and cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water. Set aside in a large bowl.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture over the noodles and mix well.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to preference.
7. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.