If you just received your Pax vaporizer and you’re ready to start vaping, or you just want to get the most out of your Pax experience, try these tips and tricks out for the best results!
Preparing your material
The Pax requires a fine grind. In need of a good grinder? We've got you covered.
Filling the chamber
You will want to fill your Pax’s oven tightly to maximize surface area. If you don’t want to fill your oven completely, you can fill it at least halfway. On the other hand, ensure that your oven is not overfilled. Once you have your material filled in the oven, you can use the oven lid itself to press down on your material, and fill another layer on top if desired.
Turn Pax on by pressing gently down on the mouthpiece and let the mouthpiece pop up. To set the temperature, use the fingernail groove to lift the mouthpiece out and then press the white temperature button to change the settings. Most people like to start off on the low or medium setting and then work their way to the high setting towards the end of their session.
Yellow (low) – 370°F (188°C)
Orange (medium) –390°F (199°C)
Red (high) – 410°C (210°C)
When using Pax, you will want to have a slow draw rate. Do not pull too hard, act as if you are sipping on a cup of hot tea.
Cleaning your vaporizer
• A clean Pax is a happy Pax. Pax is a precision device, and it’s important that you clean and lubricate your Pax vaporizer on a regular basis.
• To clean the vapor pathway, use a slightly moistened cleaner tool (chenille stick) and insert it into the air path and floss through. With the oven lid off, you can use the cleaner tool to pop the screen out as well.
• To clean the mouthpiece, pull it out of the Pax. Wipe down the outside of the mouthpiece using one of the alcohol wipes that come in the cleaning kit, or some isopropyl alcohol. Use a cleaner tool (chenille stick) to clean the inside of the metal stem. If you feel like your mouthpiece has a lot of built-up residue or you want to give it a good deep cleaning, you can soak your mouthpiece in isopropyl alcohol overnight. Additionally, the screens can be soaked as well.
• You can clean the oven by using a moistened Q-tip in isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue.
• Once clean and completely dry, you will want to add a drop of lubricant to your Pax vaporizer’s mouthpiece metal stem. Add a very small drop on the outside of the stem where the slider ring is. When ready, put mouthpiece back into Pax and click in and out rapidly about 10 times to distribute the lubricant.
Just for fun
You can put your Pax vaporizer in party mode! This feature overrides the standby mode. Basically, the LED light just shines a bunch of different colors at you. There is no purpose to this, but it’s a cool Easter egg. To enable this, roll the Pax horizontally towards you 3 times. To turn off party mode, simply push the mouthpiece down and turn Pax off.
We hope you find these tips and tricks useful. Let us know in the comments your go-to Pax tricks.