What Is A One Hitter?
One-hitter pipes are the simplest and most discreet smoking devices for consuming dry herbs. Also known as a "bat," "oney," or "tay," one-hitters come in a variety of fun styles and are perfect for smokers who want a quick, small hit of their favorite dry herb. But with so many smoking options on the market today, it's easy for one-hitters to be overlooked by water pipes or e nails. Yet, it's their simple, discreet, pocket-size design that makes them stand out because they let you experience dry herbs quickly and let your material's flavors flourish, so you don't have to worry about drawing attention in public.
One-hitter pipes also have a rich history and are one of the oldest smoking devices. They span from the Middle East to Native American culture and so on. Some traditional one-hitter pipes include:
- Kiseru: a Japanese pipe made from metal and bamboo. The Kiseru became popular in the 17th century and can be found in some Buddhist textbooks.
- Midwakh: a Middle Eastern pipe used to smoke a mixture of smoking materials. This one-hitter pipe is produced in the United Arab Emirates and is made with wood, bone, metal, or glass.
- Chillum: originally smoked by Hindu monks in India, these one-hitter pipes feature a straight channel connected end to end.
What To Consider When Buying A One Hitter
One-hitter pipes are made from different materials, and Vapor.com provides users a wide variety of all-glass options, sturdy metal builds, and even unbreakable silicone tasters. Let's take a look at each kind:
- One-hitter glass pipes: are perfect for experiencing clear and flavorful draws. Glass also comes in many colors and designs, making it a great choice if you want to stand out. A stylish yet durable one-hitter is the K. Haring Taster. It's made with borosilicate glass, has a large bowl, and has a built-in ash catcher.
- Metal one-hitter pipes: are a traditional pipe made from, you guessed it, metal. They're great if you want to use a one-hitter on the go, without worrying if it'll break on you. The Puffingtons Pitch-N-Puff is made from durable 360 Brass with a powder coat finish, making it a fun pipe because it's designed like a golf accessory so it's discreet.
- Silicone one-hitter pipes: a hybrid between rubber and plastic, silicon pipes are great because they are light-weight, easy to clean, offer flexibility & durability, which EYCE creates vibrant and durable pipes like the Shorty Taster.
How Do One Hitters Work?
One-hitter pipes are pretty straightforward to use, thanks to their simple design. The only hard decision one-hitters pose is figuring out whether you want to grind your dry herbs or place a whole bud in the chamber end. Regardless, using a one-hitter is as simple as one, two, three.
- Grab your smoking material and pack it tightly on the end of your one-hitter so it won't fall out.
- Place your lips on the mouthpiece, inhale gently and light your smoking materials at the end of the pipe.
Once you're done, tap it against your palm or blow into the mouthpiece to clean out the ash. So it's ready when you're ready for another quick session.