Christmas Edibles: Prime Rib Recipe
- 4 lbs prime rib
- ¼ cup unsalted MagicalButter (recipe can be found here), softened
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- Salt to taste
1. Take the prime rib out of the refrigerator and let it to sit - you are going to want the meat to get to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
3. In a bowl, combine MagicalButter, pepper, and Herbs de Provence.
4. Cover the entire prime rib with the butter mixture, and season with salt.
5. Once the oven is preheated, roast for about 20 minutes. Turn off the oven's heat, but let the prime rib sit in the oven for an additional 2 hours. Do not open the oven, doing so will let the heat out!
6. Remove from the oven, slice, and serve.