Christmas Edibles: Roasted Brussels Sprouts
To fight back the holiday hassle, I am treating you, my beloved buds, to an early Christmas present—I'll be teaching you how to make simple, yet flavorful, roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar, cranberries, and green herbs from Mrs. Claus’ garden. Thanks to the MagicalButter Machine we are able to infuse olive oil with Lady C's magical dry herbs with the simple push of a button. This recipe will be sure to have your friends and family feelin’ the happy happy joy joy spirit of the holidays!
3 lbs brussel sprouts - trimmed, cleaned, and halved
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup dried cranberries
¼ cup pine nuts
1. Crank up the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl toss the brussel sprouts with the LEVO olive oil and arrange on baking sheet.
3. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until brown.
4. While the brussel sprouts are roasting, combine and mix the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan on the stove, and bring to a boil. Then continuously reduce the heat until the mixture is very thick.
5. In another sauce pan, toast the pine nuts slowly on each side. You want the pine nuts to be slight browned and have a nutty fragrance - be careful because these cook very quickly!
5. Drizzle the sauce over the hot roasted brussel sprouts, and sprinkle the dried cranberries before serving.