The icing, the sprinkles, the sugar high! Forever and always, one of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking homemade sugar cookies. To get my baked goodies extra baked, I like to add some green jingle bells to my otherwise traditional sugar cookie recipe. Just like Santa’s little pointy eared helpers, the MagicalButter Machine makes my life a whole lot easier; the MagicalButter Machine infuses dry herbs with butter in just one step. So Santa, if you’re reading this, I highly recommend pacing yourself with these cookies because we already know your reindeers will be flying high that night.
- 1 cup unsalted Magical Butter
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Optional: Colored sugar & sprinkles for decorating
1. In a bowl, combine the MagicalButter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract to the bowl. Mix until combined.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine THE flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully combined.
5. Cut two equal-sized pieces of parchment paper. Place one of the parchment paper pieces flat on your countertop and put the dough on top of it. Put the other piece of parchment paper onto the dough (so at this point the dough is sandwiched by parchment paper).
6. Using a rolling pin, gently roll the dough between the sheets. *You are doing this so the dough does not stick to the rolling pin. When flat, place the dough on a parchment paper-lined baking pan and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
7. Once chilled, use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into your desired shape. Transfer your cutouts back to the parchment paper-lined baking pan.
8. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Allow to completely cool before adding an frosting or decorations.