Danksgiving Turkey & Gravy Recipe
4/20 is indisputably every tokers favorite holiday, but not far behind is Thanksgiving. There’s nothing that excites a space cowboy more than a holiday that revolves around a non-stop munchies feast. And thanks to the LEVO Oil Infuser, I am going to give you, my beloved bud, the opportunity to add a special green ingredient to your Danksgiving turkey and gravy. The LEVO Oil Infuser is a mess-free and simple to use dry herb and oil infusion machine. With the LEVO, you’re able to infuse oils and butter with your dry herb of choice at the push of a button.
My Danksgiving Turkey recipe will double the delight because it infuses herb in both the Turkey meat and skin. This not so traditional, high-up on the herbal, roasted turkey and gravy recipe will have you feelin’ extra thankful for your Thanksgiving dinner... and the subsequent face-stuffing snacks!
- 1 12-14 lb whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 5 tbsp melted LEVO butter [read our HOW TO: LEVO Butter]
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup flour
- Kitchen twine
- 2 cups liquid from turkey roasting pan
- 2 tbsp LEVO butter [read our HOW TO: LEVO Butter]
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Salt & pepper
1. Move your rack to the lowest position in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons LEVO butter, minced garlic and chopped herbs. Season your herb butter with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the turkey neck and giblets. Once done, pat the turkey dry to remove moisture.
4. Loosen the turkey skin: working from the neck end, slide your fingers under skin until you reach the end of the breast, being careful not to tear the skin; rub the herb butter under the skin.
5. Turn turkey over and bend the wing tips underneath the turkey so they stay in place (you may have to break the bones). Using cotton kitchen twine, tie legs together securely (they will overlap) so the turkey retains its shape and moisture during roasting.
6. Rub the exterior of turkey with the remaining tablespoon of LEVO butter. Season generously with salt and pepper. Using foil, loosely tent the turkey. Roast for 3 hours - basting with pan liquids every 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and crank up the oven heat to 400°F. Baste the turkey an additional time. Continue roasting for 45 to 60 minutes more.
8. Transfer turkey to a serving platter; cover loosely with foil, and let it rest at least 30 minutes before carving.
1. Melt the LEVO butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
2. Strain 2 cups of liquid from the turkey roasting pan, these are the cooking juices. Whisk the pan juices into the medium saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.