I don’t think there’s anything more tempting than a fresh homemade apple pie, piping hot from the oven. Typically, the secret ingredient to Granny’s traditional comfort pie is love...but in our case it’s going to be love with a little bit of dry herbs harvested from Mary Wanna’s garden. Thanks to the MagicalButter Device, we’re going to enhance this classic recipe to new heights. The LEVO Oil Infuser, turns a complex infusion process into a one-step function. So if you’re looking for a way to accelerate your metabolism after dessert, look no further because this grass blessed apple pie will have you going up for seconds in no time... that counts as cardio...RIGHT?!
- Store bought, pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- ½ cup LEVO butter [read our HOW TO: LEVO Butter]
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 8 thinly sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples
1. Heat up the oven to 425°F.
2. Firmly press the bottom crust into the pan.
3. Melt the LEVO butter in a saucepan, then stir in flour until it becomes a paste.
4. Add water, both sugars, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let simmer.
5. Fill the bottom crust with apple slices, then place the second crust over apple filling. Press the edges to seal and flute.
6. Cut several slits in the top crust to allow for steam to release.
7. Pour the sugar and butter mixture over the crust carefully, so it does not run off.
8. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 30 minutes.