GET BAKED: Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
It's that time of year again, buds - PUMPKIN SPICE TAKEOVER! Flooding your social media and corner cafes alike, pumpkin errr'ything has landed. You may have been taught that this time of year is called Fall, or Autumn for you fancy folks, but in reality it's pumpkin spice season! As we start slipping into sweaters and boots, you can't help but crave certain foods that will warm you from the inside out - foods that are as delicious as they are nostalgic, ::enter:: pancakes! Pancakes make everyone happy - it's a fact... at least in the world according to me, myself, and I. Fluffy or crispy, sweet or savory, pancakes check all the boxes of deliciousness. Let's blow the top off of this season and combine its two stars, pumpkins and pancakes!
Because I like my stacks high and my food infused, I'm elevating the fall munchies line-up with Aunt Mary's Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes. Using the LEVO Oil Infuser, you'll be able to kick these fluffy flapjacks up to a whole new level - LEVO butter will have you feeling like your cruising on Cloud 9. Aunt Mary's Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes recipe is so easy and tasty that you'll be hitting the skillet all Fall long.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted LEVO butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I prefer using low-fat milk, but you can use any type, dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- Optional: toasted pecans
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a seperate medium-sized bowl, whisk the wet ingredients: milk, LEVO butter, pumpkin puree and egg.
3. Slowly fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, so not to get any lumps.
4. Grease or spray your skillet, putting it on the stove over medium heat. You will want your skillet hot, not burning, when you begin making the pancakes.
5. Per pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto the hot skillet.
6. Cook on one side for 3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for 3 minutes.
7. Remove from the skillet and enjoy! If your looking for a little something extra, top the pancakes with toasted pecans and some additional LEVO butter - the nuttiness of the pecans will make the pumpkin and spice flavors pop while the infused-butter will get you where you want to go!